Testing new release

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Dec 3, 2015 at 2:39 AM
If you planning to upgrade to new release and have time to test, please download and try it out to make sure it works for you.
We are at the stage where we not making any more changes but trying to catch any bugs before going live.

Thanks for your help!
Dec 9, 2015 at 8:36 AM
Edited Dec 9, 2015 at 8:37 AM
Hi rtur,

thank you for the release and the awesome work of you and your team! :) I have a bug, a question and a suggestion so far:
  1. Bug: -> Administration -> Content -> Pages
    You get a list of your pages and next to the page title there's a link which should open the published page but it always links to "http://url/admin".
  2. Question:
    I changed the property "removeextensionsfromurls" to false in settings.xml to see the ".aspx" extension in my URL.
    Is this still supported / does it work the same as in previous BlogEngine versions? (I'm not sure it it has a SEO impact if my URLs change but I would like my URLs to stay the same...)
  3. Suggestion:
    I was able to enable / disable showing the blog name in the page title ("Use blog name in page titles" version 2.9). Did I miss it or is it removed from admin? I think it's a nice feature...
I'm still testing but it may take more time than I expected...

Thank you
Dec 9, 2015 at 10:31 PM
  1. Fixed.
  2. By now, people should be moving from using extensions. There was permanent redirect to smooth SEO impact, and we slowly moving to MVC style with routing, web services and standard URLs.
  3. Moving from settings-based customization to more flexible themes/templates. You can still manually update settings for this, but we really want to reduce number of settings in admin and keep it at minimum.
Dec 10, 2015 at 9:56 AM
Looking good.
Had a quick play around, following observations may/may not be issues.
This is out of the box, with no additional test content added.
  1. Administration -> Content -> Categories and Tags. The first link icon adjacent to titles in each list arrives at 404 not found.
  2. Nice to see TinyMCE making comeback as default editor, will the editor pages include support for image insertion, couldn't see any as things stand.
  3. Possible accessibility points for keyboard users. When tabbing around admin pages, some links have clear visual clues as to location on page while others do not.
    Some parts of the interface appear to be unreachable via keyboard only i.e. how to add a new category.
Dec 12, 2015 at 6:08 AM
  1. Fixed.
  2. You can use "file manager" (last button on the toolbar) to add picture or attachment to the post.
  3. That need more work.
Dec 12, 2015 at 9:24 AM
Point 2. Quietly understated, but works a treat and the edit options with this editor when you click the image are great, vast improvement on previous versions - suitably impressed.