Upgrade from to - Files Folder

Jan 12 at 2:34 PM
Edited Jan 12 at 2:35 PM
I have 4 blogs at and I started the upgrade process.

All the images for posts in are stored in \App_Data\files[YEAR]\

I noticed in there is an image uploaded (very nice) and it looks like the images are stored in App_Data\Files (at the root).

How do I handle upgrading the image posts from 2.9 to 3.2? Can I keep the same folder structure for the Older Posts?

Thank you
Jan 12 at 2:43 PM
You should be able to keep same folder structure and see folders for each year in the file manager.
Jan 12 at 2:45 PM
I appreciate your response.

I migrated the folder and images, but all the post show broken links on the images.
Jan 12 at 3:13 PM
You need at least provide old (working) and new (broken) image paths, may be tell if you see folders/images in the file manager, can you upload and add new image, is this show up in the post, if yes what path it uses etc. When you saying generically "its broken" I can only answer "something is wrong" :)
Jan 12 at 4:19 PM
Edited Jan 12 at 4:19 PM
Yes, I should have posted a comparison. Thank you for your patience.

Version image path: /FILES%2f2016%2f01%2fHouse.png.png.axdx

Version image path: /image.axd?picture=/House.png

It looks like the structure of the URL has changed a bit. I may have to run a find / replace to map the images on the old posts.
Jan 12 at 4:49 PM
I corrected the issue. The problem was that I was testing the upgrade in IIS under a virtual folder under the DEFAULT site. When I changed it to use a new website it found the images. Thank you for your input.
Marked as answer by rtur on 1/12/2016 at 10:31 AM
Jan 12 at 5:30 PM
No problem, glad it worked out for you.