Blank login page

Topics: Controls, Themes
Jan 12 at 7:37 PM
Hi all

Yesterday I upgraded to BlogEngine.NET 3.2 via the dashboard and everything seemed to worked fine. Nice new dashboard btw.

When I logged out and wanted to log in again, the login page is blank. Well, not entirely blank, because the inputs and buttons are there, they are just not visible. I managed to locate them using F12 and login, but it is a bit difficult to do each time.

I noticed that jquery.min.map got a 404, but adding it did not seem to help much.

The problem is in all browsers, so I was thinking of some missing styles perhaps? I have not been able to identify the reason though.

Any ideas?
Coordinator
Jan 12 at 8:57 PM
Sometimes when upgrade, files got missing. Try re-upload /account folder, all needed for login should be there (except /Scripts/jquery-2.1.4.min.js).
Jan 13 at 5:06 AM
Hit F5 to refresh the page. Happened to me too on two different computers I accessed my site from. It was a cache issue.
Jan 15 at 8:52 PM
Hi all

I've tried the things recommended, but it had no effect.

I then tried to download the blogengine files and do a manual update, but that did not help either. The login page is still "gray". As before I can tab my way to the username and password boxes, but nothing is visible. Not even the BlogEngine logo.

Now I am really puzzled, because I had kind of hoped that a complete manual update would solve the problem.

I have tested this on Windows 10 with Edge, Chrome and Internet Explorer. All render the same "gray" content, so definitely something is wrong with my site.

Any ideas? Does the theming engine have a say in the login box?
Jan 15 at 9:10 PM
I am seeing the same thing... exactly as you describe. I just completed the upgrade and the login page is gray...
Jan 16 at 9:33 AM
Okay, I did some further testing.

I have downloaded the source code, compiled the site, put in my appdata from the original site. Everything works as intended - including the login screen which is now visible.

I then did a publish of that site, and replaced the original blog with that. Now we're back to start, the login screen is gray. So, this is obviously some sort of web server related problem. What could be the cause?
Jan 17 at 11:44 AM
Okay, I found the cause of the problem. My site uses Cloudflare. For some reason, their caching does not work well with the login page.

I removed Cloudflare and now everything works. I was going to remove Cloudflare anyway, so this solution works for me.