New install of 3.2. Import blogml ?

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Jan 13 at 4:19 PM

I have a fresh install of 3.2 and want to import my bloig which is saved as BLOGML.

How do I do that?
  • Alex.
Jan 13 at 5:15 PM
Use /admin/#/settings/advanced (it is hidden for single blog, but accessible if needed).
Jan 25 at 3:50 AM
Edited Jan 25 at 4:20 AM
I found that page but still can not import. (

When using the browser importer, the page just redirected to the dashboard (if on server side - with IE) or stay in that page (if on my computer with chrome) and nothing is imported.
When using th importer application(on my computer), it shows "Blog validation error" while I have entered the correct URL and username and password.

At least I have solved my issue by directly copy the folders ("posts" etc.) and XMLs ("categorys.xml" etc.). Works well.
Jan 27 at 9:25 AM
I have the same problem. Whenever I use the import function from the advanced settings nothing happens. When I click the import button I get to the window where I select a file and I am able to select a file and click ok. But after that, nothing.

I even used the export button, which works, then deleted all content to see if I could get the import function to work with an exported BlogEngine blogML, but no.

Thanks in advance!