Want to display only the post titles on categories page

Aug 11, 2009 at 5:57 AM
Edited Aug 11, 2009 at 7:18 AM

I need to display only the post titles on the categories page also on the main default page. I dont need the date/time, descriptions and all other things.

Anybody plz help.

I think i need to change the default.ascx.cs file

Nov 3, 2009 at 4:03 PM
Edited Nov 3, 2009 at 6:08 PM

I'm looking for the same - where is the category handler set, and do we have the ability to skin that at all?

Update: Ahh, ok - so default.aspx handles all of the requests for filtering by category, author, tag, date, etc. This makes sense since much of the other logic is shared - but there is some flexibility lost since all the "views" are treated as the same.

I created a new control in my theme called PostList which is a collapsed view. Then I added a CondensedView on the /User Controls/PostList.ascx, which is set to true for the particular views where I want to show just a list. Internally, I use this in that control to load either PostView.ascx or PostListView.ascx to template the actual entry. I also arbitrarily increased the page size in that control if CondensedView is set to true (at this point, I took the page size and tripled it - 30 per page instead of 10 per page - but it would be nice if there were two separate fields in BlogInstance.Settings for this.

What do you guys think about rolling something similar into the base code itself? By default, with existing themes, PostListView wouldn't exist and thus PostView would be used for everything; but the ability for themese to display these things differently would be very useful.