Side Widgets using DbWeb.Config not showing up

Topics: Controls
Feb 26 at 6:33 PM
I am building, and running the source code from BlogEngine.3.2-master.

When I use the DbWeb.Config to connect with SQL Server 2012 I get the following errors in the side bar:

The file '/BlogEngine.NET/Custom/Widgets/Tag cloud/widget.cshtml' does not exist.
The file '/BlogEngine.NET/Custom/Widgets/RecentPosts/widget.cshtml' does not exist.

Using the default Web.Config, that uses XML storage, many widgets show up on the right side bar.
The TagCloud works. Do not see Recent Posts, unless that is the Post List.

Any suggestions on the behavior difference between the using the different web.configs, in regards to the widgets?

Thanks
Walter
Coordinator
Feb 26 at 11:09 PM
Some widgets got renamed, "Tag Cloud" became "TagCloud" (for consistency), "RecentPosts" obsolete ("PostLIst" sorted by latest gives same result) etc.
SQL scripts not yet modified to reflect this, you can manually delete records from the table or edit and rerun script.
Feb 29 at 7:46 PM
Thanks. I changed the widgets settings in the database and now they are showing up.

After comparing the XML and DB versions of BlogEngine, I also noticed that in the DB version, under admin > custom > widgets there isn't a way to add available widgets to the be_WIDGET_ZONE.
Only the list of available ones is shown.
What would you recommend for this?

Thanks again
Walter
Coordinator
Feb 29 at 8:33 PM
You should be able drag and drop into zone - or you saying it doesn't work?
Feb 29 at 9:06 PM
The zone to drag to was not showing up.
Could it be a permissions issue?

To check, I installed the compiled BlogEngine.3.2-master, on a production environment.
After I ran the updated SQL script, for the widget name changes, the admin > custom > widgets page shows up fine.

Locally, I have the project set up in VS 2015 (running as admin) going against a local IIS.
This to try to get as close to our prod setup as possible.
Locally is does not show up, but I will try to recreate it and see.