Widgets missing after SQL migration

Topics: Controls
Feb 29 at 9:32 PM
Hi,
I just created a custom site currently on my localhost. As soon as I configured my site to use my web host SQL server remotely, I've been getting message on the site that the widgets are not found. I can clearly see in the directory they are present.

The file '/Custom/Widgets/TextBox/widget.cshtml' does not exist

This is not an error message, this is appearing where the widgets would have been. I recycled my AppPool, my localhost IIS, and my host AppPool and Server as indicated in other posts this was the cause of the problem, but doesn't appear to be the cause of mine.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Mar 1 at 4:04 AM
It appears the setup script for the SQL server is mis-written. It has configurations for older version of Recent Posts and a couple other widgets that are not included in the 3.2 release. I finally figured it out after I wiped everything and started over. Using just the defaults before I even add or change anything, Started BlogEngine up with the XML files as database out of box, the widgets are there no issues.
__
Converting to SQL__
I simply follow the directions in the setup file, replacing the Web.config file, changed the database connection string to my host, F5 and bingo, missing widgets.

It wasn't completely clear right away because the names of the widgets look similar. For example, Tag Cloud for XML is actually TagCloud. On the other hand, RecentPosts doesn't exist at all in the available widgets vs what's active.

So I removed the widgets that weren't available in the widget line-up and no more "missing file".

Can someone look into this and provide a SQL Setup script that matches the XML Widget lineup? I'm amazed that no one else hasn't had an issue with this. Most people claim their issue is resolved by restarting their AppPool's and servers but I dont think a restart is going to fix this.

I got my copy of BlogEngine from GitHub after navigated there from Code Plex
https://github.com/rxtur/BlogEngine.NET/
Coordinator
Mar 1 at 3:50 PM