IIS 7 with Release mode

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Aug 14, 2009 at 9:35 AM

Hi,

I configured blogenigne properly for IIS 7 when the website was in debug mode. Now i am trying to host my website in release mode, so i published the code and deployed it on server. Everything works fine except blog engine. Blogengine started showing boxes in uneven format when i deployed with published code in IIS 7. Blog engine with the published code works fine in IIS 6 but in IIS 7 it starts showing uneven boxes.

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2009 at 9:44 AM

What do you mean you "published the code".  Do you mean the "Publish" option in Visual Studio?  If so, I think there's been some reports where using the "Publish" option in Visual Studio can cause problems.

It's safest to just FTP/copy your files to the site.  If you just FTP/copy the files, you should only have one DLL in your BIN directory -- BlogEngine.Core.dll.  The "Publish" option in Visual Studio will produce several other DLLs in the BIN directory.

Aug 14, 2009 at 10:03 AM

Yes, i mean publish option in visual studio. I have to go with publish option of my website and everything works fine in IIS 6 but in IIS 7 blog engine shows uneven boxes. If there is problem then why it works in IIS 6. I think something extra is requird for IIS7. Please let me knoe if you have any idea about that.

Coordinator
Aug 14, 2009 at 9:18 PM

The point is that the Publish option has been known to work in some situations, and not others.

Simply FTPing/Copying the content to the server is how BE.NET is typically deployed to a server.