How to make my blog look like the rest of my site

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls, Themes
Aug 14, 2009 at 6:20 PM

This is probably very easy for most of you experts, but for some reason, I can't figure how to make it happen, can someone help?

I developed a site at www.cleanaide.com . I then uploaded the BlogEngine.NET application and created my first blog, which is visible at www.cleanaide.com/blog

All works well, but I would like for the blog to get the same "feel and look" as the rest of the site.

I developed the site using Expression Web 2, and used a Dynamic Web Template.

Any way for the blog page to display inside that template, which would allow for customers to navigate seemlessly between the site and the blog?

I tried to load the template into the HTML header section of the Settings, but of course it shows the template as a header, then the blog below.

Thanks

Patrice

Aug 14, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I can get it done for you at no charge but it will take me a few days and I will need your script so I can test it out on my server so I provide you a working copy and not something half way done.

The only thing I ask that you do is at the bottom of the blog section you allow me to create a small tag that says something like blogengine.net integrated design by sidedevelopments.com

Just trying to get promoting done for my side business

Aug 17, 2009 at 4:28 PM

This would be great as long as the small tag appears only on the blog related pages and not on the entire site using the .dwt.

Which script are you refering to? Is it a blogengine.net script? if yes, could you please tell me in which directory I can find it, as I used an automated install.

Do you also need a copy of my .dwt file?

Thanks

Patrice

Aug 17, 2009 at 8:55 PM

Actually you dont need to give me anything I will work on this starting tonight. Are you using the most recent version of blogengine?

Aug 17, 2009 at 9:29 PM

I am using version 1.4.5.0