Feature Request - Will pay!

Sep 29 at 4:45 PM
Edited Sep 29 at 4:47 PM
Hi,

I need to send the content of my blog post via newsletter (not just a link back to the post). Can this be done without breaking other parts of the blog? If it can be done, would you be able to create the custom extension? I am willing to pay.
Oct 2 at 9:01 PM
Edited Oct 2 at 9:03 PM
Hi,

it can be done in different ways. My first idea is to create bitmap (jpeg) of the specified page and then send it to the users as an attachment or in the form of a newsletter. If this approach is acceptable to you, I believe it can be done in a reasonable time.
Oct 3 at 6:22 PM
Hi,

I really need this to go out as a newsletter in HTML. Much like it does with the button which directs the users to the post. But instead of that, put the contents of the post in the newsletter email.
Oct 3 at 8:06 PM
Edited Oct 3 at 8:08 PM
mhyde88,

the problem is that at the runtime we do not know how the post will looks like on the client's machine. The pages will be rendered AFTER we call them from the clients by ASP.NET, which will convert the contents (text, images, asp controls etc.) into an appropriate html document. Which in turn will be sent to the client in form of a HTML document by IIS.

Therefore, we have to open the page first, then we can get the rendered html document and, at the end, do whatever we need. And all this we should do in memory, so it will be fully automatic from the user's perspective. The problem is what to do at the end of this process.

Here is what has to be done. First, we have to generate a newsletter. This can (should) be a pdf document, which is a problem of itself (but can be done).
Next, we have to create contents of this document. To do this part, we open your post (we need to know in advance which one) in the memory. Then, as it was my first idea, we create a jpeg of the post and incorporate it in the pdf as a picture, so we are done. But if this is not acceptable for you, we can think of html, but it too has to be incorporated into a pdf document (ie. newsletter). So, in a way, we have almost the same output. Unfortunately, all steps in this process are complex. To create a pdf we have to use external (third part) libraries.

To better understand what we are talking about here, have a look at https://www.htmlpdf.com/ and try to convert your post to pdf.
It really looks pretty simple, but I know exactly what they are doing at the background.
Rgds.
sburak
Oct 17 at 6:48 PM
can i have your email to discuss this in more details please?