blogengine "Update Failed' error every time i add/update a blog post.

Jan 17 at 10:49 AM
I am using blogengine's version 3.3.5.0 , But when i add a new post or update an existing one it shows and error "Update Failed" , There is no issue with the permissions etc, Can someone help me fix this issue.
Jan 17 at 5:51 PM
I had these problems. It always were permission problems.
Jan 18 at 7:22 PM
Edited Mar 29 at 10:03 PM
Things to check:

1) DefaultAppPool needs to be granted full control on the APP_Data folder

2) If you've upgraded to 3.3.5.0 from another version, make sure that the blog is set to 'multiusers' in web.config
<configuration>
  <appSettings>
    <add key="BlogEngine.UsageScenario" value="multiusers" />
  </appSettings>
</configuration>
3) Check that the contents of users.xml, roles.xml and rights.xml are consistent (just open them with notepad to read them).

4) Errors can also be thrown if you've imported and are trying to update old blog entries that were written under a user name that no longer exists (I don't think that's happening in your case).

5) Make sure that the following is set correctly in your Web.Config file:
<modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests = "true">
Jan 23 at 3:04 PM
check to see if Mod Security for IIS or something simliar is running. For me it was Modsecurity. Also URLSCAN.

You have to really take time to configure those so your apps are usable, but once it's done you have a secure server.