Widget problem with 3.3.5

Topics: Controls
Jan 29 at 3:12 PM
Edited Jan 29 at 3:22 PM
I just upgraded to 3.3.5 and now I get the following error on my front page:

The file '/Custom/Widgets/Administration/widget.cshtml' does not exist.
The file '/Custom/Widgets/Search/widget.cshtml' does not exist.
The file '/Custom/Widgets/Month List/widget.cshtml' does not exist.
The file '/Custom/Widgets/LinkList/widget.cshtml' does not exist.

I looked in these directories, and for each one I have widget.xml and widget.ascx - but no widget.cshtml

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks,
David Workman
www.HalfBakedLunatic.com
Feb 1 at 12:22 AM
David - it looks like this particular directory did not get updated. The widgets in 3.3.5 are no longer built on Web Form Controls (ascx) - they are now based on Razor (cshtml) pages. I'm fairly sure that there shouldn't be any ascx files in those particular folders. I think the transition to the new style happened a couple of releases ago so it might be possible that you somehow skipped that particular upgrade (I'm just guessing though).

I think your best solution would be to download the application and replace the /Custom/Widget folders on your instance. It should be an easy fix.

Simon
Feb 1 at 3:55 AM
Edited Feb 1 at 4:00 AM
Thank you Simon! That indeed solved my problem.

The only minor issue is that my previous build had widget sub-directories with spaces in the names (Blog List, Category List, Month List, Tag Cloud, etc) but when I extracted the sub-directories from the new build, they no longer have spaces in the middle ... so now I have a bunch of duplicates and need to go through and merge/delete a bunch of directories. But that I can handle :-)

Thanks again,
David
www.HalfBakedLunatic.com