Brand new install of 3.3.5.0 error no extensions directory

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Feb 16 at 7:37 PM
Edited Feb 16 at 8:12 PM
Followed the manual install instructions on your website, grabbed the 3350.zip file, unzipped into new directory of existing IIS 8.5 website, configured as integrated dotnet 4 app pool, gave write access to defaultapppool on custom & app_data directories, then tried to go to site in browser and got error. Tracked it down to there not being an "extensions" directory under app_data\datastore. There is only a "widgets" directory there. Why is the blog webpage trying to access that directory when it doesn't exist in a fresh install? And, how do I fix this error, I noticed there is an "extensions" directory under Admin, can I just copy that directory here?

ALSO

Why are so many pages on this website broken? And so many themes and extensions are bad links. You should have grabbed all of those files and put them on your own website to prevent broken links. For example, your "themes gallery" is a broken link: http://dotnetblogengine.net/page/themes.aspx
Feb 17 at 5:06 AM
I have a clean install of 335 and the extensions directory and its contents are all there. It's possible that the extract got interrupted somehow, in which case you just need to re-extract them from the zip file and copy them over. If the extensions directory is missing from the zip file then that's another problem altogether. The extensions directory under Admin is unrelated.

Many links on the website are broken because the software has been in continuous development since 2007. The software is open source and has been built and maintained by volunteers for all that time - and if you take the time to look at the code, you'll see that it's top quality stuff. The team has prioritized software development over trying to maintain documentation.

The best place to find themes is to startup the blog app and then in the Admin menu go to Customer / Themes and hit the "New" button. You'll see a list of the themes that are available online for download. Make sure you use one that's compatible with the version of the software that you're running.

Best of luck
Simon