Strange Behaviour after move

May 16 at 11:35 PM
Hello.
Having issues with my website and not sure what to do about it. I recently moved from one hosting platform to another. When I moved, I downloaded a copy of the entire directory that had my blog in using Filezilla, then I uploaded it to the new platform.

Since doing so some things are acting strange. Here's what I've spotted so far:
  1. One the dashboard - It wont connect to the gallery or the news section & Despite having items in the trash, when I try to purge them I get "Error Purging".
  2. Under Content, I cant delete pages. I get "error deleting" yet if I view the blog page logged in and click on the delete button from the published view, the page deletes fine. Same with posts.
    3.Under Custom, I cant change the theme, nor make changes to the current theme. I get "Failed". Plugins don't load with a msg of "Error loading packages". Widgets load but I cant move them to add more and any changes fail to save with "Update Failed"
  3. Under settings, I cant edit the email settings with an error of "Failed"
But I can still use LiveWriter to blog as normal and things seem ok. I'm wondering if its either a permssions issue? Or whether I'd be best to back up the content & wipe the slate clean. But I'm not sure how to do that as I cant find a "backup content" option anywhere.

Help!
May 18 at 5:57 AM
I had something similar to this happen to my instance. Make sure that the following is set correctly in your Web.Config file:

<modules runAllManagedModulesForAllRequests = "true">

If that doesn't help, then run through the following checklist:

1) DefaultAppPool needs to be granted full control on the APP_Data folder
2) If you've upgraded to 3.3.5.0 from another version, make sure that the blog is set to 'multiusers' in web.config
<configuration>
<appSettings>
<add key="BlogEngine.UsageScenario" value="multiusers" />
</appSettings>
</configuration>
3) Check that the contents of users.xml, roles.xml and rights.xml are consistent (just open them with notepad to read them).
4) Errors can also be thrown if you've imported and are trying to update old blog entries that were written under a user name that no longer exists

Good luck!
Simon