BlogEngine 2.0.0.36 Contact Form

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls, Themes
May 21 at 4:10 PM
Edited May 22 at 11:01 PM
Contact form not even submitting. Have verified all email server settings and confirmed to be working.

Was there an issue with this version? Send button doesn't even seem to submit and I have no idea how long my blog has been in this state.

UPDATE

The "Test Email account" button in admin is not working either. Can anyone throw light on any of this?
May 23 at 4:52 AM
Edited May 23 at 4:53 AM
I once had this happen, too (although it was in an MVC site). Did you add a rewrite rule in the web.config file that forces the URL to lowercase?

Simon
May 23 at 3:48 PM
Hi Simon,

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't explicitly configure any rewrite rules, and wouldn't a URL be case-insensitive?

I think I can narrow it down a little more. The problem I'm having is with version 2.0.0.36. I had a similar problem on another blog which was version 2.5.0.6 that now seems to be working all of a sudden.

I have checked both by updating the settings page with the correct (and tested) email server settings. The problem I'm now seeing with the 2.0.0.36 version is that the settings page won't save the updates. Also, the contact form seems not to submit, but after a few minutes the successful sent message appears. Either way, no email is being received.

If I can't fix this I have no choice other than to remove the form and post my actual email address which is not something I like doing...