User name change

Aug 23, 2009 at 2:20 PM

When I created the users in BE, I didn't realize the username would be used in the RSS feed. I'd like to change it. I already attempted to edit the users.xml, roles.xml and posts to sync a new user name. This partially worked as the new user name was taken but upon login the only administrative control that was available was 'Change Password.' I could not edit or add posts,etc. Any ideas?

Aug 23, 2009 at 6:03 PM

I'm not too familiar with the inner-workings of BE, but it sounds like your user permissions are not up to the admin level.

Perhaps the answer lies within you BE database?

Aug 23, 2009 at 6:06 PM

I'm using XML files, not SQL, for now. The account is an Administrator. Once I rename it in the users.xml file and then replicate that change in the roles.xml files I lose my Administrator privileges, sort of.

Yours,

Joe Gleinser | direct 512.681.6490| mobile 512.567.6758 | joe@gcsaustin.com | www.gcsaustin.com

| 866.250.4357x318 Toll Free | 8627 North Mopac Suite 110 | Austin, TX 78759 |

CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: The information contained in this transmittal and accompanying documents is protected by both state and federal law. This information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or action taken in reliance on the contents of this transmittal is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmittal in error, please notify the sender immediately to arrange for return or destruction of these documents.

The authorized recipient of this information is prohibited from disclosing this information to any other party except as may be permitted by law, and is required to destroy the information after its intended purpose has been fulfilled, unless otherwise permitted by law.

Sent: Sunday, August 23, 2009 12:04 PM
To: Joe Gleinser
Subject: Re: User name change [blogengine:66725]

I'm not too familiar with the inner-workings of BE, but it sounds like your user permissions are not up to the admin level.

Perhaps the answer lies within you BE database?

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (blogengine@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email blogengine@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Coordinator
Aug 24, 2009 at 12:49 AM

If you make direct changes to files in the data store (e.g. users.xml, roles.xml, etc), in order for those changes to be detected and fully take effect, you'll want to restart the blog application.  The blog can be re-started by making any change to the web.config file (add a space, etc).

If you're still having these issues, I would then clear your browser cookies.