Pinging scheduled posts as they become visible

Aug 25, 2009 at 12:04 PM

Hello everyone,

I need to be able to schedule a bunch of posts in advance, this means the ping feature will not function and this I can't have.. :)

I am planning on extending BE with this functionality but thought I'd ask if anyone is working on this yet? I will extend the IPublishable class with the necessary bits to allow a ping to be sent the first time a post is shown unless it has been pinged already. I will also add a scheduler to "show" the post at the correct time (ok, a scheduler won't be bulletproof but if the scheduler fails the ping will be issued as soon as a normal user accesses the blog).

So - anyone doing this (or something similar) or should I go ahead?

Måns Ågevik

Sep 22, 2009 at 7:05 PM
Edited Sep 22, 2009 at 7:08 PM

Måns, I would love to have this functionality in my installation! (Though I am not a savvy enough developer to implement it myself.) I hope that once you finish it, you will make it available as an extension, or perhaps in the core code, since I think it is a basic functionality (Since BE allows "scheduling" posts, and it allows pinging, it should be able to ping scheduled posts also! :-) )

I can't wait :-)

Thanks so much for undertaking this project!

Ps. You might have already seen this, but if not, it might help your process:

Jan 5, 2010 at 10:51 PM

Any update on this project Måns?

This will be very helpful to have implemented into our site as we've got a TON of future-dated posts across our various blogs...