Recommendations for hosting?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer, Controls, Themes
Aug 27, 2009 at 6:49 PM

I currently have my VD on my own server, and am thinking of just moving to a hosting company.  Cheaper, faster, less hassle et. al.  Anyone recommend a particular company?  I purchased my URL at domain.com, and they have hosting plans...waiting to hear back on some info from them (questions on SQL Server, .Net framework, etc.).  Any suggestions much appreciated.

With regards,

Lee Everest
www.texastoo.com

Aug 28, 2009 at 10:43 PM

I use http://www.asphostcentral.com . They seem to support blogegine just fine. I chose them because they're cheap. It's not easy to find a good cheap host.  My biggest complaint is that my plan only has 1 mssql database, but you get what you pay for.  Also, the control panel they use, plesk. Isn't the best for .NET stuff.

Sep 7, 2009 at 4:52 PM

I'm still hoping for more responses...what about the 'preferred' advertisor on the .Net blog engine site - http://www.discountasp.net/index.aspx?  Any experiences here?

Coordinator
Sep 7, 2009 at 7:42 PM

I run several BE instances on inexpensive GoDaddy's economy hosting for a couple of years, never had any issues. More expansive plans with sub-domain feature have some problems though, but for a simple blog economy plan at GoDaddy is very good option.

Sep 8, 2009 at 4:29 AM

I am using discountasp.net and I am very happy with it. I am using their IIS7 hosting with BlogEngine.NET 1.5. They have a very quick turnaround for answering support questions and I think their offering is competitive with GoDaddy, if you consider the same bandwidth and storage sizes. Discountasp.net does not offer MySQL hosting for IIS7. That's the only disadvantage in my opinion.

Sep 8, 2009 at 4:40 AM

I use DiscountASP.net too! I have used them for about 6 years and found their support excellent. My Blog is http://www.dafran.net/blog, which I only just started a few weeks ago.

Sep 8, 2009 at 5:52 PM

sorry, guys, but DiscountASP - is too much expensive, GoDaddy - is great hosting but MochaHost offers much more services for less prices

• excellent support;
  • 6 Months FREE Hosting;
  • ASP.NET 3.5 C#, VB# 
  • Monthly Traffic UNLIMITED
  • Disk Space UNLIMITED 
  • UNLIMITED domains;
  • UNLIMITED DATABASES;
  • Unlimited E-mail + FTP accounts;
  • UNLIMITED sites 
  • Google AdWords $25 Free Credits;
  • Yahoo Search Marketing $25 Free Credits;
  • Ask Sponsored Listings $50 Free Credits;

and only $2.63-$5.95 p/m

and bonus: Control Panel (Plesk 9) !!! for free!!!

Sep 14, 2009 at 2:24 PM

i just wanted to chime in to this talk.

i have had the godaddy deluxe plan for about 3 weeks now.

i continually get errors (out of disk space, failed to start monitoring). its been a complete pain.

their support is slow and dont have a clue.

wish i spent more on someone else.

cj

Regarding the error received stating "Failed to start monitoring changes to 'D:\Hosting\4838442\html\User
controls' because the network BIOS command limit has been reached. For more
information on this error, please refer to Microsoft knowledge base article
810886. Hosting on a UNC share is not supported for the Windows XP Platform, " this is a known issue. The issue is being addressed and should be resolved as soon as possible. We appreciate your patience and understanding in this matter.