Add Widgets to Sidebar... newbie

Topics: Themes
Sep 1, 2009 at 5:16 PM

I just signed up for a blog with blogengine and am learning the ropes.  My blog is here...  I have used the "terrafirma" theme from blogengine and changed a few minor things. 

I can't for the life of me figure out how to add/delete the widgets on the sidebar.  When I am signed in and have the standard and indigo themes selected, there is a little pull-down menu on the bottom of the sidebar that allows you to add widgets and move them around.  So, the problem is that with the "terrafirma" theme (and also for the discovery and stargazer themes, which I tested), that handy little pull down menu to add widgets is nowhere to be found. 

How do I then add widgets?  Is there something that I need to do to activate the widget pull-down menu?  Or do I need to add them through some other means?

Thanks for your help!

Sep 2, 2009 at 6:02 AM

hi adriang,

it might due to the theme you used was not support customize widgets. You may check out your theme site.master file and see do you have the following line of code,

<blog:WidgetZone runat="server" ID="rightzone" />

If you don't, it mean your theme does not support customize widgets, and you may add that line of code in and try again. (You may need to clean up some of the hardcoded widgets). G'lux.

Ta, hackzai