godaddy Installation

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Sep 12, 2009 at 1:06 AM

I installed through my godaddy hosting. All of the files are on the server and all of the files are Inheirited Writeable. So I don't know what to do next.  Also, when I go to the page I get a crazy message I'm posting below.  I do not know how to access my account to write a blog. Any advice would be helpful!

Invalid object name 'be_Settings'.

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'be_Settings'.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[SqlException (0x80131904): Invalid object name 'be_Settings'.]
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +1948826
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlInternalConnection.OnError(SqlException exception, Boolean breakConnection) +4844747
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.ThrowExceptionAndWarning(TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +194
System.Data.SqlClient.TdsParser.Run(RunBehavior runBehavior, SqlCommand cmdHandler, SqlDataReader dataStream, BulkCopySimpleResultSet bulkCopyHandler, TdsParserStateObject stateObj) +2392
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.ConsumeMetaData() +33
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlDataReader.get_MetaData() +83
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.FinishExecuteReader(SqlDataReader ds, RunBehavior runBehavior, String resetOptionsString) +297
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReaderTds(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, Boolean async) +954
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method, DbAsyncResult result) +162
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.RunExecuteReader(CommandBehavior cmdBehavior, RunBehavior runBehavior, Boolean returnStream, String method) +32
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteReader(CommandBehavior behavior, String method) +141
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlCommand.ExecuteDbDataReader(CommandBehavior behavior) +12
System.Data.Common.DbCommand.ExecuteReader() +12
BlogEngine.Core.Providers.DbBlogProvider.LoadSettings() in DbBlogProvider.cs:1081
BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings.Load() in BlogSettings.cs:1640
BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings..ctor() in BlogSettings.cs:223
BlogEngine.Core.BlogSettings.get_Instance() in BlogSettings.cs:250
BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.ReferrerModule..cctor() in ReferrerModule.cs:81

[TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.ReferrerModule' threw an exception.]

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeType type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache) +86
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache) +230
System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +67
System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +1051
System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +111
System.Web.Configuration.Common.ModulesEntry.Create() +39
System.Web.Configuration.HttpModulesSection.CreateModules() +164
System.Web.HttpApplication.InitModules() +28
System.Web.HttpApplication.InitInternal(HttpContext context, HttpApplicationState state, MethodInfo[] handlers) +729
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetNormalApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +298
System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationInstance(HttpContext context) +107
System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(HttpWorkerRequest wr) +289

Sep 12, 2009 at 1:39 AM

Did you install BE yourself?  Or did you use GoDaddy's auto-installer option?

It looks like you have it setup to store data in a SQL database.  If you setup BE yourself, did you run the SQL script to create the tables and populate them with some initial data?

In the setup\SQLServer folder, there's a script to run that will get the DB setup.  The name of the file is MSSQLSetup1.5.0.0.sql.

Sep 12, 2009 at 8:37 PM

I just did this myself yesterday and got it working pretty quickly, here is how I did it.

1. Go to your hosting account manager in GoDaddy.
  2. Click on the Content tab
  3. Select Hosting Connections Icon
  4. Click the Blogs button on the left
  5. Select BlogEngine and install to your site
  6. Wait for GoDaddy to install to your site (10-15 minutes it took)
  7. Synchronize your site with your local copy on your computer
  8. Change the Default folder name from BlogEngine to whatever your Blog is titled
  9. Synchronize again
  10. Type in your browser the address new blog folder name
  11. this should bring you to the default home page of your blog.

I think that should do it, also make sure you are running ASP.NET on your shared hosting account and not PHP

Hope this helps