language

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Sep 12, 2009 at 5:31 PM

Hi

I want to set the blog language to german but I can only choose "Auto" or "English". I know that with auto the german visitors gets german but I want everyone to get the blog in German when they visit the page. How do I do this?

Coordinator
Sep 12, 2009 at 10:30 PM

The available languages in the dropdown come from the different "labels" files in the App_GlobalResources file.

So make sure the German one is in there (labels.de.resx?), and make sure the ASPNET account has Read permissions for that folder.

If you're still stuck, another thing you can do is rename the current labels.resx file (the default file containing English text) to something else like labels.en-us.resx.  And then rename labels.de.resx to labels.resx so the German language file becomes the default.

Sep 14, 2009 at 3:23 PM

Perfect. Thank you very much.

Nov 5, 2009 at 10:39 AM

Hi, I

BenAmada when I integrated Blog with my site - language change don't work.... Change other setting works fine. What's your opinion ?

With IIS run Blog separately application - language change works normal...

Many thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Nov 6, 2009 at 6:01 AM

It's hard to say.  I'm guessing your existing site may be setting an explicit culture, rather than letting the culture be automatically detected.  For example, in the BE web.config file, there's this setting:

<globalization requestEncoding="utf-8" responseEncoding="utf-8" culture="auto" uiCulture="auto"/>

Does your existing site have this <globalization> element in its web.config file?  If so, what is it?  If it's set to a specific culture, you might want to try setting it to "auto" like how BE does it.