Delete Post or comment don't work

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Sep 16, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Has anyone else had that problem?  I have an SQL Server instance running and when I click delete I get the alert message and click yes but the post don't get deleted.  I have to do it manually in SQL enterprise manager.  Also I've had to debug several extensions and I wonder how flawed code was included in the links to extensions.  Also the rich text editor strips out even the HTML tags for displaying code.  There is an awesome code formatter extension but the text editor included trashes it for VB and html.

Is there a way for the site owner to be able to enter a post without the application treating it like an SQL injection attack short of recoding the entire application?

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2009 at 12:42 AM

Do you have URL Scan installed on the web server?  That could be preventing a Post or Comment from being deleted.  When deleting a post/comment, an HTTP GET is issued to the blog with a querystring parameter similar to:

?deletecomment=.... guid ....
?deletepost=.... guid ....

Others have reported this problem where URL Scan will prevent the URL from executing because 'delete' is in the URL.  I believe clicking on the Delete links ends up with a 404 error.

Another person had this problem and didn't have URL Scan installed.  The Delete links are JavaScript based, and when we changed the links to be standard links without using JavaScript, that worked for him.  I don't know what the cause of that problem actually was.

What types of HTML tags are being stripped out?  The WYSIWYG editor (tinyMce) strips out certain tags that are not on it's "allow" list.  You can modify tinyMCE.ascx in the 'admin' folder to instruct tinyMce to allow certain HTML tags.  For example, to allow an IFRAME tag, see the last post I made in this thread on May 24th.  Other HTML tags can be added to the 'allow' list in a similar way.

Sep 17, 2009 at 12:52 AM

when i use ie6, the same situation caused.

in my opinion you could use ie7,8 or firefox to try.