login and header configuration help

Sep 17, 2009 at 5:28 PM

Hello,

I just downloaded the BlogEngine source code and opened the solution in VS2008.  I compiled the BlogEngine.Core library and built the website successfully.  The default page opens in my browser and displays fine.

I was trying to login, but I couldn't find the default username and password?  I looked in the AppData folder in the users.xml file and see:

<Users>
  <User>
    <UserName>Admin</UserName>
    <Password>jGl25bVBBBW96Qi9Te4V37Fnqchz/Eu4qB9vKrRIqRg=</Password>
    <Email>post@example.com</Email>
    <LastLoginTime>2007-12-05 20:46:40</LastLoginTime>
  </User>
</Users>

It looks like the password is encrpyted.  What is the default username and password to use to login?  I was looking for documentation on this, but didn't find it.  I'm sure it is pretty simple, but I just didn't find it.

Also, I wanted to modify the Header title and description.  Again, I looked in the AppData folder and opened the settings.xml folder and saw the xml nodes for the header <name> and <description> and tried manually changing the values there, but when I ran the page, the changes were not reflected.  I'm guessing that if I can login, that I can change these settings thru the admin interface. 

Thanks for any help.
Regards. 

Coordinator
Sep 17, 2009 at 10:29 PM

The default username/password is admin/admin, respectively :)

If you make changes directly to the files, you'll need to restart the blog for it to detect the changes.  You can restart the blog by making any change to the web.config file (add a space, etc).

However, once you're able to login, you shouldn't need to make direct changes to those files.