Creating a post from an iPhone?

Sep 30, 2009 at 7:31 PM

Is there an easy way to create a BlogEngine post from an iPhone?  I have a user that would like to be able to take a picture and create a post with that picture and whatever text.

Email to post, or an easy posting capability from the mobile interface maybe?

Thanks!

Coordinator
Oct 1, 2009 at 11:30 AM

I think the only option is to log into the admin area via the Safari browser on the iPhone.  And then create a blog post entry on the Add Entry tab.

I'm pretty sure Safari on the iPhone won't be able to use the WYSIWYG editor.  But once on the Add Entry tab, if you click the "Use Raw Html editor" checkbox at the top, then the WYSIWYG editor will change into a normal, plain textarea that the Safari on iPhone browser should be able to type into.

I'm guessing the picture can be uploaded via the 'Upload Image' field on the Add Entry tab.

If you send me an iPhone, I can do some additional testing for you ... :-)

Oct 1, 2009 at 1:05 PM

Sure, let me package one up and have it on it's way :)

I was actually hoping to avoid the standard post option as this particular user is not the most tech savvy.  I've got the iPhone on the list of mobile devices, so it doesn't even offer a login at the moment.  Maybe I'll look into putting together an email to post capability of some sorts.

Coordinator
Oct 1, 2009 at 3:39 PM

I would stronly suggest getting one of the blogging apps if you want to post from your phone.  I've not used any as write a post from my phone sounds painful, but I have seen a bunch of apps that work with Metaweblog API.

I've not used any of these, but if you decide to try them I'd be curious to know oyur experience.

Just search iTunes for blog.  Then click Applications and you'll see a bunch of options.  iBlogger, BlogPress, BlogWriter, etc.  I imagine you should try a free/lite version if available to make sure it works fine with BlogEngine first.

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2009 at 4:27 AM

Publishing from iPhone to BlogEngine

Oct 5, 2009 at 1:11 PM
rtur wrote:

Publishing from iPhone to BlogEngine

I also found that none of the app store blog apps would connect to BE properly.  I will check this out today.  Thank you!