BE and ISS7 on Vista Ultimate

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Oct 5, 2009 at 5:41 AM

Maybe this is beyond the scope of the discussions here, but ...
I'm still trying to get BE to work on ISS on my home computer. Getting errors.
-------------------------------
Parser Error

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: The virtual path '/User%20controls/PostList.ascx' maps to another application, which is not allowed.

Source Error:

Line 1:  <%@ Page Language="C#" AutoEventWireup="true" CodeFile="default.aspx.cs" Inherits="_default" %>
Line 2:  <%@ Register Src="../User%20controls/PostList.ascx" TagName="PostList" TagPrefix="uc1" %>
Line 3:  
Line 4:  <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="cphBody" Runat="Server">

Source File: /blog/default.aspx    Line: 2
--------------------------------------------------
Using Expression Web I get another error: Cannot open C:\inetpub\wwwroot\anything for Write
I am logged on as an admin on Vista. I don't know. Where do I go for more information on how to configure a site to work with IIS?
To make matters worse, I have a 1and1 Internet Microsoft shared hosting package for business, and they will not give me access to an IIS control panel saying that I have to purchase a dedicated server.
I'm not exactly new at IIS, but Vista seems to have changed the ball game with regard to security. TKS, Den

Coordinator
Oct 5, 2009 at 6:12 AM

Maybe Expression Web is modifying some of these files on its own?  Not sure since I haven't used Expression Web.

In the default.aspx file (where that error is occurring), that red line of text should look like:

<%@ Register Src="User controls/PostList.ascx" TagName="PostList" TagPrefix="uc1" %>

The difference is that in the error message you posted, it shows the "Src" as having a leading ../   The leading ../ shouldn't be there.