Blogengine able to consume RSS feeds in any way?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Oct 6, 2009 at 2:04 PM

I am very new to BlogEngine, but so far i like what i see, however for my blog it would be nice if i could have RSS feeds from external websites show up on one of the pages.

I have been looking around to find solutions how this could be done. The best possibilities i found were using either an external application talking to the metaweblog.axd or to use the jQuery extension in combination with jFeed. I did not manage to get either of them to work, so that makes me feel a) rather stupid b) curious if i am thinking in the right direction.

I have the feeling BlogEngine as ASP.net application is more or less able to do this almost natively - seeing how the Blogroll output already gives RSS updates in some themes, which means that if i could have that output done to a page instead of to the blogroll widget i would be more or less done - but since i am not really a developer myself i could really use a hand in solving it.

Does anyone have an idea?

Oct 8, 2009 at 8:44 AM

Nobody?

I have the feeling that it is actually not that difficult, since the actual Blogroll block used in most themes already is more or less doing what i would like. So getting the output from Blogroll to go to a normal page with the extra content of those blogposts would work in my opinion.

How would i go about this?