Need help...moved to web server now things don't work

Oct 20, 2009 at 2:59 PM
Edited Oct 20, 2009 at 3:00 PM

Hello all,

So I had downloaded the latest BE 1.5.0.7, made some changes in Visual Web Developer 2008 on my local machine, tested everything out on my local machine running IIS 5 then copied the folder with all of its contents onto my real web server running Windows 2003 with IIS 6.

I made sure it was set as an app and gave the App_Data folder the appopriate permissions (write permissions for ASPNET user). Everything seemed to work fine. I could log in, add posts and comments, etc. However, when I try to add Categories (from the Add Entry page) whenever I add a category name and click 'Add' I get a

Ooops! I can't find the page you're looking for

This one's down to me! Please accept my apologies for this - I'll see to it that the developer responsible for this broken link is given 20 lashes (but only after he or she has fixed this problem).

If I hit the back button on my browser I can go back to the post and I see the category has been added.

Any ideas what is wrong? I have also looked at the Categories.xml file in the App_Data folder and the only Category listed is "Blog" which is also confusing me.

I've also noticed in IE8 when I click Log Off (from the nav menu) it acts like nothing happens. I have to F5 refresh to show that I have logged out. I noticed this behavior on a couple of other things as well for example if I edit a post to add a tag, I have to F5 refresh to see it. Any ideas on this as well?

Thanks!

Oct 20, 2009 at 6:53 PM

Oh, this also seems to happen when I try to create a user as well. Logged in as admin, I fill out the create user form, click Create User and am taken to and Ooops! I can't find this page....

I don't know what I did =/

Oct 20, 2009 at 8:04 PM

Think I figured it out!! I had to add write permissions for the Network Service account on the App_Data directory.