Post won't delete until refresh

Oct 21, 2009 at 6:03 PM

Hello,

When trying to delete a post in IE6 I noticed it won't delete until I refresh the page (and then I get the Oops, page not found because of course the post was deleted).

When I click Delete I get the "Are you sure you want to delete the post" warning and I click OK. It seems to do a post back (I see the progress bar reload) but I am still looking at the post.

Any ideas how to fix this?

BE 1.5.0.7

Coordinator
Oct 22, 2009 at 7:04 AM

Technically IE6 is not a supported browser by BE.  Does it work with newer version of IE or other browsers?

Oct 22, 2009 at 2:02 PM
Edited Oct 22, 2009 at 2:02 PM

Well it seems to work OK in IE7, but I've noticed in IE8 having the same issues with other features. For example, when clicking Log Off, it looks as if nothing happens until I refresh.

I know I will have some users using IE6 to use this blog because they are stuck on Windows 2000 (using a different browser is also out of the question). I was unaware IE6 was unsupported. Is there any workaround?

Coordinator
Oct 23, 2009 at 11:40 AM

Offhand, I'm not sure what the problem might be.  The Delete post link uses pretty straight forward JavaScript that navigates the browser to a different page for the deletion process (after the deletion, the server redirects you back to the homepage).  I would expect it to work, even in IE6.  The Logoff link is not using JavaScript -- it's just a standard hyperlink, that navigates to /login.aspx?logoff.  Every browser should be able to handle a regular hyperlink.

I'm sure there's a fair number of people using IE7/IE8 and even IE6 without these issues.  The biggest IE6 issues in BE are usually CSS layout issues.

Are all these problems happening from one computer?  I would try a different computer, if possible.  Maybe it's a problem with that particular blog installation.  I can't think of what that would be, but a remote possibility.

Oct 23, 2009 at 12:39 PM

The blog is hosted on a dedicated server running Windows 2003. I had issues with IE8 when accessing it from a computer running Windows 7. BUT, I just tried it from another computer with IE8 but running Windows XP and it seemed to work fine. Not sure why that would be but it did.

I have not tried IE6 on a different computer but will do so today. I have noticed though that I can get a post to delete most of the time, I just have to click the Delete link like 5 or 6 times.