Can I run 2 blogs on same site?

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Controls
Nov 21, 2009 at 8:46 AM

Hi.

I had a blog running under www.TheVacationAdvisors.com/BLOG. Today I installed another blog in the root directoy (TheVacationADvisors.com) and now my previous blog has the following error message:

Configuration Error
Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.
Parser Error Message: There is no 'PassportAuthentication' module in the application to remove.
Source Error:
Line 97: <add name="ReferrerModule" type="BlogEngine.Core.Web.HttpModules.ReferrerModule, BlogEngine.Core"/>
Line 98: <!--Remove the default ASP.NET modules we don't need-->
Line 99: <remove name="PassportAuthentication"/>
Line 100: <remove name="Profile"/>
Line 101: <remove name="AnonymousIdentification"/>
Source File: d:\hosting\joelubina\blog\web.config Line: 99

I really thought that because the blogs were in different directories it wouldn't creat any problems. Someone please tell me I didn't lose my original blog and there is a way to fix it? Can I run two blogs on the same site (1 in the root directory and the other under the /blog floder?)

PLEASE HELP

Coordinator
Nov 21, 2009 at 8:52 AM

You can run two blogs like that.  In order to do it, you need to mark the blog folder as an "application starting point" within IIS.  Which means to make the blog folder a separate, standalone application in IIS.  If you have control over IIS, you can do this yourself.  If your site is hosted somewhere, oftentimes web hosts have a way through their control panel or via a support request to create an application starting point.

For this specific error you're getting, just remove the following from the web.config file in the blog folder:

<remove name="PassportAuthentication"/>

You may also need to remove the other two as well

<remove name="Profile"/>
<remove name="AnonymousIdentification"/>

Nov 21, 2009 at 9:05 AM

Thank you so much!!!!! It worked.

Sincerely,

Jozef Lubina

www.TheVacationAdvisors.com/blog

www.ProTrainer4u.com

Sent: November-21-09 9:53 AM
To: jozef.lubina@rogers.com
Subject: Re: Can I run 2 blogs on same site? [blogengine:75789]

You can run two blogs like that. In order to do it, you need to mark the blog folder as an "application starting point" within IIS. Which means to make the blog folder a separate, standalone application in IIS. If you have control over IIS, you can do this yourself. If your site is hosted somewhere, oftentimes web hosts have a way through their control panel or via a support request to create an application starting point.

For this specific error you're getting, just remove the following from the web.config file in the blog folder:

<remove name="PassportAuthentication"/>

You may also need to remove the other two as well

<remove name="Profile"/>
<remove name="AnonymousIdentification"/>

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (blogengine@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email blogengine@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com