Cannot Save Changes to site.master

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Themes
Nov 21, 2009 at 11:10 AM

Hi, I've just installed Blogengine.net using the application called Web Platform. I'm now currently working on the site.master file of my downloaded theme using VWD Express 2008. Unfortunately,  I cannot make changes to the page.  Everytime I save it, it always returns an error message telling me that "The operation could not be completed.".  Can anyone please help me on how to solve this? Btw, my OS is Windows 7 Home Premium.  I am looking forward to hearing from you guys soon.

Regards,

Eyre

Nov 21, 2009 at 1:06 PM

Hi guys, I think I've already found a temporary fix to this problem.  Instead of saving the file to the inetpub folder, I first saved the masterpage to another location then manually replaced the masterpage file in my target folder with the new one. I still  however find this weird.  I wonder why overwriting of this file can't be done from within VWD Express 2008. 

Nov 22, 2009 at 3:25 PM

Well, I finally figured out why VWD 2008 express cannot overwrite the site.master file.  It's because it doesn't have enough privileges to do so.  So what I did was to make the program run as an administrator.  Sorry for this mistake. I'm a total Windows 7 noob.