Working with the trunk

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Dec 2, 2009 at 8:41 PM

I like to keep up with the trunk when I update however I am finding changes to the database a bit of a pain to deal with.  Could you document the differences between release and trunk in a DDL file it would make updating easier for me if I knew what fields were added (e.g. the new Slug field on the Pages table).

Thanks,

Chris

Coordinator
Dec 3, 2009 at 1:40 AM

Hi Chris,

What we have now is whenever new DB columns or tables are added, they are added in the MSSQLUpgradeToNEXT.sql file in the Setup\SqlServer folder.  Maybe this could be documented better, but at least it's somewhere.

The latest version of that file is here.

Dec 3, 2009 at 4:31 AM
Ah I see, I was looking in the MySql folder but that is good enough for me.

Thanks,
Chris

On Wed, Dec 2, 2009 at 5:40 PM, BenAmada <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Chris,

What we have now is whenever new DB columns or tables are added, they are added in the MSSQLUpgradeToNEXT.sql file in the Setup\SqlServer folder.  Maybe this could be documented better, but at least it's somewhere.

The latest version of that file is here.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (blogengine@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email blogengine@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 3, 2009 at 5:30 AM

On a somewhat related note, might I suggest using GIT instead of the Codeplex SCM.  It would make keeping my own branch in sync with yours (my own themes, widget customizations, etc) much easier and if I have patches worth applying along the way you can easily pull just want you want.  Just a suggestion, but I can tell you from experience moving from SVN to GIT was the easiest thing I ever did.

Chris