Migrating BlogEngine1.5 to new server

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jan 8, 2010 at 9:13 PM

About a week ago, I successfully installed BlogEngine 1.5 on a client's Win2K server running IIS5 and connecting to SqlServer2000. It all works fine. But now I've run into "404 - page not found" errors while trying to simultaneously test a copy of the same BlogEngine directory on a new Win2003 server running IIS6. (Initially, I copied and pasted the entire blogengine directory from one server location to the other. After running into a wall, I opted for a fresh install but it made no difference). The directory structure on both servers are identical: domainname.com/blog. I've also verified that the ASPNET machine user has full security control of the app_data directory. The web.config files are also identical (i.e. pointing to the same remote database as the first install). Are there any known gotchas on Win2003/IIS6 that might be messing me up? Does BlogEngine have issues with two virtual directories from two different servers trying to access the same database? I hope someone can point me in the right direction. This is a great product, but I feel like I'm flat-out missing something simple. Help!