Edit / Delete Link at Bottom of Page Posts

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jan 9, 2010 at 5:36 PM

Hi I have Blogengine.net 1.4 connected to SQL Server and using existing Membership for users and roles.

I have set the Administrator Role accordingly but problem is that other users can also log-in if they want to, which can be enabled or disabled either way but regardless the EDIT / DELETE link appears at the bottom of each Page Post if you are logged in as any other role other than 'Administrator'.

It's not so bad except I don't want users being able to delete Page Posts... The regular blog entrys don't have this problem.

I have tried everything including deleting the Editor role in SQl Table and adding <authorization><deny users="user"> to web.config (user is role that has that problem or any other role except 'Admin' as stated)...

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Craig

Sep 27, 2010 at 4:30 AM
Edited Sep 27, 2010 at 6:31 AM

I have the same problem on 1.6.  What I'm looking for is a community blog tool for a common cause where users can create and edit THEIR OWN pages.  I don't want them to be able to delete or edit pages from other authors.  Any way to pull this off?  Any roles besides Administrator and Editor?  How about just User?  How are permissions assigned to roles?

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:40 PM

I also have the issue as cjsteury posted, I don't want users that do not have an admin or editor role to delete the pages. did you find a fix?