Deleteing posts as editor does not work

Jan 20, 2010 at 1:18 PM

Hi, I am using ver 1.5.0.7 . When I post as an editor I cannot delete that post.

When I click on the link it prompts me if I want to delete the post, I click OK, but it does not get deleted.

I need to log on as admin to delete the post. I don't get any errors .

Any ideas ?

Thanks in advance Scott

Jan 20, 2010 at 7:02 PM

I have identified the bug that causes this but with my limited skills in C# don't know how to fix it .  The bug is this,

If you have a username that is mixed case i.e. Scott and you login as scott ( no Capital S) then you get all access as expected .

If I create a post when logged in as scott, the post shows as created by Scott - (With a capital S the user name as created)

However if I try and delete this post when logged in as "scott" it does not work so I can only assume that it is checking that the post it is trying to delete was created by the user that is logged in, but is not checking for case sensitivity.

Can anyone identify where and how to fix this

Thanks

Scott

Coordinator
Jan 20, 2010 at 7:25 PM

Good detective work :)

This issue with casing was actually resolved after BE 1.5 was released.  You can update the login.aspx.cs file in your blog with the latest one here.

The change that was made is when you are logging in, even if you enter an incorrect (or different) case, the case is changed to the correct case.  If your post(s) are saved with the incorrect case, then this won't help.  But if you apply this latest version of login.aspx.cs, then going forward, you'll always get logged in under the correct case.

Jan 21, 2010 at 11:21 AM
Edited Jan 21, 2010 at 11:21 AM

Thanks this makes sense.