Implemented per category post sort order

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
Jan 22, 2010 at 1:04 AM
Edited Jan 22, 2010 at 10:18 AM

Hi, thanks for this cool blog engine, very nice!

I wanted to have the ability to sort category posts based on different criteria so I've made a change that allows the sort order of posts within a category to be changed. The sort order is applied on a category by category basis when posts are viewed. 

Posts can be sorted in date descending (existing implementation) and also date ascending in the modified version. The sort order can be selected when creating or modifying a category in the category editor.

Is this feature of interest here? I am happy to submit the changes or just post the code here though there are changes to several files so that might not be impractical.

Jan 23, 2010 at 6:49 AM

Sounds interesting.  I think this is a pretty specific need.

If you have your own blog, you could create a post detailing this enhancement with a download of the files at the bottom of the post.  Or just a download without a lot of details.  Then maybe post a link to that blog post in this discussion thread.

Or if you don't have your own blog, you could create a new item in the Issue Tracker and attach a ZIP file of the changed files.  The Issue Tracker is sort of handy for all types of things.

Jan 23, 2010 at 3:51 PM

Hi Ben,

I recently took up poker and wanted to have posts displayed in chronological order, so that the end of the event isn't displayed first, keeping the usual sort order for day to day posts. My blog is here

I will create a post on my blog and post a link, thanks for your suggestion. This is my first venture into open source and I didn't want to assume it's ok for me to put your work on my site, even though it's been modified sligtly by me.

Thanks for the work you have put into this project, you have saved me so much time and effort!