changes done within the BlogEngine administration pages dont seem to stay saved, if that makes sense

Jan 25, 2010 at 7:18 PM

I think i posted my issue in the wrong place.. here is the original post, which is in the "Issue Tracker"

Here is what i posted in case it is in the wrong place:

Im using this BLOG application and even though i delete posts and comments, they reappear. My client is hosted with OneWebHosting. is there anything i can check or do to prevent this?

I make changes to the site, i reply to my client that the changes are done and they email back that its not reflected on the site, and sure enough i go view the page and everything is back the way it was..

i know im not crazy, i have even gone as far as deleting the files im over writing, refresh my browser to make sure the page is missing and receive the error that the page does not exist. I then ftp the new file and refresh and the page works and new changes show.. but few minutes later its back to the old version.. and different browsers dont seem reflect the changes either..

what is going on?

Jan 26, 2010 at 4:30 AM

I'm guessing Write permissions aren't setup correctly on the App_Data folder.  I mentioned this in your other Discussion thread.

Jan 26, 2010 at 7:06 PM

I seem to have a similar issue...

I have changed the Read Only property as noted...

I can run the site (locally)...

After loggin in as the admin and change the Lat & Long and after I press the Save button it refreshes the page... NO LAT & LONG?

I am also trying to add a new Widget to the interface but when I go to the Controls Tab... it displayes only the following sections...
Recent Posts
Recent Comments
Search Field
Contact Form

Am I missing something here?

Or am I just doing it wrong?

Jan 26, 2010 at 8:48 PM

Changing the Read-Only property is important, but setting Write permissions is something else and also important.

One thing you can check is after making a change to something on the Settings tab in the control panel, see if the Last Modified Date or the contents of the Settings.xml file in the App_Data folder gets updated.

If the file is not getting updated, that most likely means the BE application doesn't have Write permissions to make changes to the App_Data folder.

Jan 27, 2010 at 6:12 PM

Okay... thanks....

Seems that the issue is also with some of the Theme templates... But that's another issue.