using TFSBuild.exe to build the solution with web deploy project failed

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Jan 29, 2010 at 9:04 PM

I added a web deploy project into the BlogEngine solution, and tried to build BlogEngine solution using "Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0\Common7\IDE\TFSbuild.exe", but it failed with bouch of following errors:

\App_Code\Controls\RecentComments.cs(10,0): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'BlogEngine' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?).....

\App_Code\Extensions\BBCode.cs(14,0): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Extension' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
\App_Code\Extensions\ResolveLinks.cs(14,0): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Extension' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
\App_Code\Extensions\BreakPost.cs(14,0): error CS0246: The type or namespace name 'Extension' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

Did anybody has the same problem?

Any help will be really appreciated!

Thanks,

Coordinator
Jan 29, 2010 at 11:44 PM

Do you have BlogEngine.Core.dll in the BIN folder?

The 'missing' items in your post are items defined in BlogEngine.Core.dll.

Feb 3, 2010 at 1:51 PM

Hi BenAmada,

Thanks for your reply.

I managed to clear all those "The type or namespace name 'Extension' could not be found" errors by converting the web site to we application.

While I follow your previous post (converting web site to web application) and successfully built the new solution.

But after I reopen the solution, and try to rebuild it, It keeps giving me the following error:

The name 'ExtensionManager' does not exist in the current context   in ine 40 of file "Global.asax" .

Could you help me with this error?

Thanks

Mar 25, 2013 at 7:50 PM
Edited Mar 25, 2013 at 7:54 PM
I am also having problems building (2.6 source) on TFS server. The project builds normally on the local machine, but will not deploy using WebDeploy parameters in the MSBuild arguments