Error on linking to post

Feb 2, 2010 at 5:03 PM
Edited Feb 2, 2010 at 5:34 PM

I have just uploaded a site based on the 1.6 release. Everything works fine on the local server but when uploaded to my webspace I get an error. I'm able to list the posts and login to the admin console etc, but if I click a post title to open the full page post, I get the error.  I changed the web.config file so I could see the error and this is what it says the ExtensionManager exists in two locations.

What's strange is one seems to be listed on the web server, the other on my local machine. I have navigated to the path provided in the error which should be on my local machine but no such file exists. Any Idea what is cuasing this?

Feb 2, 2010 at 6:20 PM
Edited Feb 2, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Ok, a bit more digging and it seems the files in the Extensions folder are being found in two places. This is the error:

<deleted error message>

I assumed the c: path was my PC but it's not - so what is it and why am I getting the error?

Coordinator
Feb 2, 2010 at 7:08 PM

Bullet #1 in update instructions would likely solve your problem:

1. Delete the entire "ExtensionManager" sub-folder in the App_Code folder. This code has been moved into the BlogEngine.Core.dll in version 1.6. Not deleting this sub-folder will lead to errors.

Feb 2, 2010 at 7:26 PM

Good spot rtur - that has solved the problem. Thank you.