Akismet

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0, Business Logic Layer
Feb 6, 2010 at 9:57 AM

I was having a look at new 1.6 version, I saw now it integrate akismet into the core, but I don't see a place to add my api key. To be honest on the 1.5.x version I was using commentor by rtur.net and I don't remember if the base version was needing it ... Do you know that?

Coordinator
Feb 6, 2010 at 10:01 AM

If you use Automatic comment moderation, in order for Akismet to actually be used, it has to be Enabled on the Extensions tab.

Once you enable it (or even if you don't enable it), when you're on the Extensions tab, there's an 'Edit' link in the Settings column next to Akismet.  If you click that, you can enter your API key.

Feb 6, 2010 at 1:17 PM
Hi Ben
fact is that I don't see any akismet extension into my extension panel, but - on the contrary - I saw all the extension doubled in terms of entry ... so I see twice SendCommentMail, twice ResolveLinks and so on, despite the file into App_Code/Extension is one, and clicking on source both entries point on the same file.

What's the matter?

Thanks
Andrea

If you use Automatic comment moderation, in order for Akismet to actually be used, it has to be Enabled on the Extensions tab.

Once you enable it (or even if you don't enable it), when you're on the Extensions tab, there's an 'Edit' link in the Settings column next to Akismet. If you click that, you can enter your API key.

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (blogengine@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email blogengine@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Coordinator
Feb 7, 2010 at 2:58 AM

I'm not sure about the duplicate listings, but do you have AkismetFilter.cs in the App_Code\Extensions folders?

Feb 7, 2010 at 10:19 AM
No I don't, possibly I deleted it when merged the file from the previous installation.
I'll paste it again.

Do you need a screenshot for the dup entries? I don't think it would help you understand the problem ... but

Andrea

I'm not sure about the duplicate listings, but do you have AkismetFilter.cs in the App_Code\Extensions folders?

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (blogengine@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email blogengine@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe on CodePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at CodePlex.com

Feb 7, 2010 at 2:10 PM
Added the missing file, rebooted the server. Everything is solved now.
Thanks.