cannot run blogengine.net 1.6

Feb 7, 2010 at 9:53 AM

Hi,

I had downloaded the (web) version of blogengine1.6. I copied it into my visual studio 2008 websites folder. While opening the project, I didnt convert the .NET version; and the version is 2.0.

When I try to run the website, with Default.aspx page as start page; Im getting a compile time error as:

"Error 21 Unknown server tag 'blog:TagCloud'. E:\Visual Studio 2008\WebSites\My Blog\BlogEngineWeb16\api\TagMiniView.aspx 15"

When I checked the for the file- 'tagMiniView.aspx'; its in the particular folder.

I didnt edited any of the files. Just extracted the files from the zip archive. I had given the write permission to App_Data.

Any idea, why I'm getting this error.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

 

Mar 3, 2010 at 8:29 PM

Hi.

Is there someone with the same issue.

Its been one month, I have posted the same and I'm still without any solutions.

Thanks.

Mar 3, 2010 at 9:20 PM

check your '/App_Code/Controls/' folder and make sure there is a file there called 'TagCloud.cs'.

also, verify that the following line is in your web.config file: 

<add namespace="Controls" tagPrefix="blog"/>

Mar 13, 2010 at 12:48 PM

Sorry for being late to reply back. :-(

"check your '/App_Code/Controls/' folder and make sure there is a file there called 'TagCloud.cs'."

-> Yes, the file is in the folder.

<add namespace="Controls" tagPrefix="blog"/>

-> This was not there. I added that.

But that eventually gave me 2 errors:

1) The file '/BlogEngineWeb16/User controls/PostList.ascx' does not exist.
2) Unknown server tag 'uc1:PostList'

Let me try downloading another copy, of Web setup and will update soon.

Thanks for the help.

 

 

Mar 13, 2010 at 12:59 PM

Hi.

I had downloaded a new copy of the Web setup and is working fine now.

What I noted in the download is the Codeplex team has changed the setup (.zip) file, I guess. Because, when I download it for the first time, its name was: BlogEngine.NET 1.6 (web).zip. And now, the name is: BlogEngine.NET_1.6_(web).zip. I dont know, what magic is this. But its working for now.

Thanks for you help.

:-)