Windows Live Writer and The Metablog API

Topics: Business Logic Layer
May 2, 2007 at 2:02 PM
I hesitate to enter this as an issue, because I am not sure if I might be doing something wrong. I'm trying to use Windows Live Writer with BlogEngine.NET, and am having a little bit of trouble. If I add a post that contains a image, the image doesn't show up in the blog. Instead, a space with the familiar red X shows up. If I go back to WLW and change the image style (say picture frame to shadow), the image shows up. If I change it back, it goes back to the red X.

Also, after changing the image style, I recieve an error when clicking on the link.

Has anyone else experienced these issues, or might there be something wrong with my configuration?

Thanks!
Coordinator
May 2, 2007 at 5:17 PM
Hi Jonathan,

I've been using WLW for a while now and the only image issue I've been having is a timing issue. Sometimes after publishing a post with an image, the web page will display before the image is saved/released/closed. In FireFox, I get a blank space where the image is. If I wait a few moments, and hit refresh it is there. Same thing with the link to the larger image. Sometimes I need to give it a moment to have that image display. It always has, it is just not always instantaneous.

My questions for you:

1. Have you given the page a minute or two (and then hit refresh) to make sure the image isn't there?
2. If so, could you do a view source and let me know where the post thinks the image is?
3. Could you check your web server to see if the image is there?
May 2, 2007 at 6:35 PM
Hello!

Thanks for the response. I guess I am an impatient person, because you were exactly right. I waited about 30 seconds, hit refresh, and it came up.

Sorry to bother you!

Jonathan