Web content syndication provides a means for people to consume your blog content by subscribing to one or more of the syndication feeds generated by the blog engine. The most common syndication formats in use today are
, and so BlogEngine.NET natively supports the generation of both of these formats.
- Default feed output: Configures the default syndication format generated by the engine. BlogEngine.NET provides a means for most browsers to also auto-discover the available feed formats.
- Author name: The name of the author of the syndication feed.
- Language code: The W3C language code that specifies the language that the blog content is written in.
- Latitude/Longitude: The decimal formatted latitude and longitude coordinates that describe the geographical location of the syndication feed's author.
- Endorsement (bLink): A URL to another blog or web site that the syndication feed author is promoting.
- Feedburner user name: The FeedBurner user name. When provided, the blog engine returns the FeedBurner generated syndication feed instead of the engine feed(s).
The following are the most commonly used feeds available on BlogEngine:
sitemap.axd is especially useful for submitting sitemaps to search engines. The feeds are located in the root directory of the site. For example, the sitemap feed for the BlogEngine.NET website is