Code of conduct in terms of bug reports

Jun 12, 2007 at 12:22 AM
Hello guys,
I wanted to know when and where you are willing to hear comments from us.
For exemple, can I comment about the latest builds (change set) or do you prefer me to wait about official releases?

I certainely do not want to bother you and probably report things that will be solved the next change set...

For exemple to illustrate want I mean, here are the very small glitches I noticed in the 3091 change set:
- launched the blogengine, control panel, referrers... Select day was disabled and contained monday. When I clicked on enable referrer I got an exception telling me that no more then one index can be selected ;)
- in the file blogengine-3091\BlogEngine\BlogEngine.NET\admin\style.css there may be a small typo, you typed
width: 1zz0px; I don't know css very well, so maybe it's a trick... I was doing a merge trying to see what changed ;)
- about the french localisation, in settings.aspx (the are others) you use the following ressources strings:
<div class="settings">
<h1><%=Resources.labels.basic %> <%=Resources.labels.settings %></h1>
This is the translation of basic settings that translates to De base Paramètres where it should be Paramètres de base.
But you are probably already aware of that.
- is it me or timezone is missing some hours ? Do not all the timezones exist ? Maybe a very dumb question ;)

Ok, that's just nothing.

My point was just about what version do you expect to get feedback on. And when I see something that looks like a bug, shall I create an issue or first discuss about it here and you take care of the issue creation?

A last suggestion, I'm making it here to avoid adding yet another comment to a thread here ;) Maybe it's somewhere...
Would it be possible to add an option to be able to customise the date/time format ? txtDate.Text = post.DateCreated.ToString("yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm"); Would be nice to get some nice localized content :)

Thanks a lot...
Jun 12, 2007 at 5:14 PM
Hi knipjo, thanks for the list of errors. We like getting bug reports and feedback on all versions of BlogEngine. Bugs reported from the 1.0 release might already be fixed, but if they aren't we sure would like to hear about it.

Feature requests can be posted in the forum and bug reports in the issue tracker. We are able to move a forum post up to a work item in the issue tracker if needed.

The date can be formatted in the theme design, but maybe we should add it to the settings page.
Jun 14, 2007 at 11:37 PM
Edited Jun 14, 2007 at 11:46 PM
Thank you for your lights on that :)

About themes... the less there is in themes the less I have to remember to update in case I change theme. Yet I agree, what should be in a theme, what should not. For example, the bookmarks in a post may be in a theme (even if I would rather have the possibility to edit them in the control panel ;) )but the date/time format should be accessible from the option panel. By the way, right now with the changeset 3091 I get some date errors here and there when adding or editing a post. I'll wait for the next update and will report them if still present.

Thanks again for your work...