Unknown server tag 'blog:PostCalendar' in Published site

Topics: Controls
Jul 20, 2007 at 4:29 AM
Downloaded the Source version, used the "Publish" feature to spit out a pre-compiled version, and i got this error:

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Unknown server tag 'blog:PostCalendar'.

Source Error:
Line 4: <asp:Content ID="Content1" ContentPlaceHolderID="cphBody" Runat="Server">
Line 5: <uc1:PostList ID="PostList1" runat="server" />
Line 6: <blog:PostCalendar runat="server" ID="calendar"
Line 7: ShowPostTitles="true"
Line 8: BorderWidth="0"

Source File: /default.aspx Line: 6

- "BlogEngineCore.dll" is for sure in the /bin/ directory
- The site on my server definitely has ASP.NET 2.0 mapped to it

Not sure what else to look for :-(
Jul 20, 2007 at 6:17 AM
Try build your site locally and then deploy "by hand" all the files found in the BlogEngine.NET directory plus the BlogEngineCore.dll
This is the supported (and working) scenario.

The team does not support the WAP model for now:

I hope this helps.

Jul 20, 2007 at 12:23 PM
Edited Jul 20, 2007 at 12:23 PM
That is my normal practice.. use VS2005's "Publish" feature to a local folder (which btw, if i point an IIS7 site at that folder, the precompiled version does indeed work) and copy the contents to the remote server (Win2k3/IIS6), it shows the above..

Also to note, when using "Publish", it dropped in the 244k "BlogEngine.Core.dll" file right into the web site's /bin/ directory

My, ugggg, "fix" for now is to push up the non-compiled version of the website and that does work (http://www.morningz.com)

Also, I do not ever use WAP, so that doesn't apply here :-(
Dec 22, 2008 at 4:19 PM
I have just tried to use MSBuild to publish the site in a coninuous integration environment (Cruise Control). I have no object to using the Website project, I just want to automate the changes my web developers use.

I assume this is trying to do the same thing as I get the same error mentioned here.

Can I do this?
Feb 10, 2010 at 4:41 AM

i m facing this issue f Unknown server tag "Blog".While i m migrating blogengine.net website to Web application in vs2008.

As is is working fine as a website and not giving such issue.But As per my requirement i have to convert it into Web Application.

And while i migrating it to web application it is giving exception As UNKNOWN SERVER Tag <blog>.

Plz help

Thanks & Regards

Feb 10, 2010 at 6:24 AM

Last year I documented the steps I took to convert BE 1.4.5 from a Web Site project to a WAP project.  This might help you.  It's the February 14th post in this thread.

Feb 10, 2010 at 6:46 AM

thanks benAmada... i got resolved my problem..

i just need to change in webconfig .