Search pulls up first entry only

Topics: Controls
Aug 6, 2007 at 6:42 PM
I've been using the latest BlogEngine.Net 1.1 and am having a problem with the search functionality. When I hit search it always brings up the first typed in entry and nothing else even if other entries have the search words also. Is anyone else having problems with the search? Also, I believe it is supposed to highlight the search words but it does not seem to. I am using the Web Project and have not compiled my own version. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Aug 7, 2007 at 12:57 AM
The search is being re-coded for the next release, so please be a little patient. The search highlighting does not work for internal searches, only for searches from a search engine like Google and Yahoo. This will also be corrected for the next release. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Aug 7, 2007 at 8:18 AM
I have that problem too, although I'm on IIS7 so I thought it may be specific to that. The search works in that things like the "month" canned searches indicate the correct number of posts, but when you hit the link, you get the first and no others. It sounds like the team are aware of that already, but it's good to know it's a general problem rather than just something I did.

thinks I will go and look at the "issue tracker" and see if there's a known defect list there..

Aug 7, 2007 at 3:34 PM
I have no problem being patient. BlogEngine.NET is awesome. I'm using it in my own personal stuff and for work. Everyone who uses it around me has loved in the interface, ease of use, and functionality. Keep up the great work. Thanks for the quick response too.