how to directly logged in into blogs through my website

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Aug 7, 2007 at 1:04 PM
hello all,

I Successfully integrated the blogEngine.NET in my existing website.
Now when i click a tab button in my exisitng website then i should redirect to blogs default.aspx page with automatically logged in as admin.
please help me out in solving this issue

Thanks in advance

Regards,

Kareem
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2007 at 2:20 PM
You don't provide much information about your setup Kareem. Does it not log in automatically? The tab you click on, does it open an IFrame or is it a postback or callback? Does BllogEngine run in it's own application on the IIS?
Aug 7, 2007 at 2:39 PM

madskristensen wrote:
You don't provide much information about your setup Kareem. Does it not log in automatically? The tab you click on, does it open an IFrame or is it a postback or callback? Does BllogEngine run in it's own application on the IIS?

Thanks for Your quick response.

Below are the details:

I Have a website in ASP.NET 2.0. i have the header tags, home,mail,blogs........
i have users to this site ,they are stored in database (sqlserver 2000)
i have added users from database to users.xml file.
I have added the folder BlogEngine.NET and all the files in my application
A user is logged into my website and when the user click the Blog Tab then blogs default page default.aspx should
be displayed with this user logged in.( not with the sign in option)
Coordinator
Aug 7, 2007 at 3:03 PM
ok, now i get it. You must make sure that both your website and blogengine uses the same authentication membership provider
Aug 7, 2007 at 3:14 PM
Thanks for Your Response Mads Kristensen

How can this be acheived?
i mean to say that in what files i have to change the code and what would be the code?

give me an example

Thanks in advance

Regards

kareem
Aug 8, 2007 at 11:31 AM
Pease help me out with this sentence "You must make sure that both your website and blogengine uses the same authentication membership provider"

In what files i have to make changes??

Thanks in advance

Coordinator
Aug 8, 2007 at 12:49 PM
In the web.config you'll see that there is a membership provider section. That section should apply to both BlogEngien and the rest of your website. Try googling for MembershipProvider and you'll find tons of information on how to use them.