How to solve the Front Page issue

Aug 12, 2007 at 1:40 AM
Mads implemented the feature in set 4018 to have your site started with a front page rather than the blog list, along with an easy way to link to the blog posts (link to /blog.aspx).

I'm still not convinced we've solved all problems related to this. When you launch the default BlogEngine (as in 4018), you get an empty front page that does not exist and is titled "Untitled Page".

In the sidebar you see an "Example page" although that page is defined as not to show in the list. When I use a sitemapsource I correctly get an empty list. So if I build my navigation menu on the sitemapsource, how am I to edit pages that are marked not to show in the list?

I think it would be a good idea to have the "blog.aspx" page show up in the list. This way you can set it as front page, or you can choose a different page as front page. Once it's in the list, you can also make it a child of another page.

Am I making this too complicated? I just think the current solutin (although it works) is far from ideal. But maybe I'm missing something?
Aug 16, 2007 at 12:37 PM
So actually nobody has an opinion on this?
Coordinator
Aug 16, 2007 at 2:01 PM
The bugs from the 4018 has all been fixed, but you still need the blog.aspx. It would be easy to add blog.aspx to the sitemap if a custom front-page is used.