fileBrowserCallBack could not be found

Topics: ASP.NET 2.0
Aug 12, 2007 at 8:57 PM
I'm just running the BlogEngine locally, testing it out, but I seem to be unable to add images to the body of posts.

Clicking the 'Insert/Edit image' icon works fine. But when I click the icon to browse for a file, I get the following popup error:

Callback function: fileBrowserCallBack could not be found.

I also get the error if I try to insert some 'embedded media'
Coordinator
Aug 12, 2007 at 9:36 PM
It's because it haven't been implemented in the editor yet. To insert images and files you should use the two upload text fields just below the editor.
Dec 10, 2007 at 1:18 AM
I'm able to use the upload text fields successfully. However, when attemping to use the 'insert / edit embedded media' icon and selecting the 'browse' icon in the general box (general tab), i get the error 'Callback function: fileBrowserCallBack could not be found.' Could you please assist?
Mar 6, 2008 at 11:48 AM
Hi guys.

Just wondering if there had been any progress on this issue.

My current work-around involves mapping a virtual folder to the app_data/files folder, uploading the file using BROWSE/UPLOAD, and then using the full URL to the virtual folder+filename when referencing the file to embed.

A bit too techie for some of my users but it does work.

Cheers,

Ben
Mar 24, 2008 at 4:19 AM
Having the exact same issue with a clean install of 1.3. Seems to be related to TinyMCE - but am not entirely sure. Upon inspecting with Fiddler, it looked like a file "examplemedialist.js" was missing from the app. Added it, but didn't seem to help. The TinyMCE site indicates that this needs to be dynamically generated.
Jun 8, 2008 at 3:29 PM
I'm getting the same error when trying to upload from the embed media button. I can't find the problem either... Can someone please address this?

Thanks,
Michelle