Where is the time set?

Aug 31, 2007 at 3:58 AM
I've been messing with the time changes that were made. I make a post at 20:56PM my time, which is set correctly in the time box of add_entry.aspx. But then the post displays a posted time of 23:56PM... the xml file has the correct time 20:56 in it... what is changing the displayed time?

- Clarence
Aug 31, 2007 at 1:25 PM
Been having exactly the same problem and it's driving me nuts.

Have you found a solution?

Aug 31, 2007 at 9:54 PM
OK it appears to be in the BlogEngine.dll in the BusinessBase.cs file. Line number 45 has this:
return _DateCreated.AddHours(BlogSettings.Instance.Timezone);

Since the timezone is gone this should just be:
return _DateCreated;

Good luck.
Sep 1, 2007 at 10:11 AM
Thanks for your answer.

Unfortunately, It doesn't cut it for me. Dates insist on being messed up. My time zone is GMT+1, but somehow I'm forwarded in time 6 or 7 hours.

I guess that proves how advanced and cuuting edge BlogEngine.NET actually is :)

Has anyone else come accross this problem?

Sep 1, 2007 at 11:53 AM
You need to get the latest code. The time zone stuff is gone...

It is now an off set from the server time.
Sep 3, 2007 at 1:59 PM
I am, to the best of my knowledge, running the latest BlogEngine.NET code; version

Anyway, I'll just way another two weeks for the 1.2 release and dig into it in case it's still doesn't work.

Thanks a lot.
Sep 7, 2007 at 11:28 PM
Edited Sep 8, 2007 at 12:08 AM
I am running on a server that is 8 hours behind my local timezone.

I have set the offset to 8, and everything seemed to be working fine until my local timezone moves into the next day. At this point the date is incorrectly being taken into account...

Item Posted @ 7/9/07, 23:49, when the server was @ 15:49 with the local time @ 23:49 - here everything works OK.

Then if you wait until the local timezone ticks over to the next day we get:

Item Posted @ 8/9/07, 07:49

The pubDate time in the xml store is correct (23:49; suggesting you alter->save); also the lastModified property seems to update with the correct values - correctly handling the date increment...

Any ideas before I throw myself at the code and see what sticks?
Sep 8, 2007 at 12:53 AM
Edited Sep 8, 2007 at 12:57 AM
My bad - it of course has nothing to do with the day changing over... It just looked that way since it was 12:49! The offset is being applied twice to the values somehow.

I am not sure how I managed to get this bug to appear - I have reproduced it once more, but then when I thought I figured out the problem I could not reproduce it again... (on the latest build 4367)

Oh well... too tired right now...

PS. Excellent project btw, I have been on the verge of writing my own blog engine for .net for while now - I wont bother now I have found this; I will be active in this community instead... Now to wrestle with team server plugin...