Is the Source Code Updated?

Topics: Business Logic Layer
Sep 8, 2007 at 1:36 PM
Hi

Please forgive me if I missing something, because I want to know that Is all the work items or changeset for BlogEngine.Net has been merged into the source code as well or one has to merge by himself.

Suppose I have downloaded the solution, so do I need to merge the changeset in my solution or solution is parallelly updated.

Thanks & Regards
Vishal Sharma

Coordinator
Sep 8, 2007 at 9:45 PM
Only team members can add code directly to the change sets. When ever a change set is published on codeplex, it contains all files and not just the ones that has been changed.
Sep 9, 2007 at 9:38 AM
Hi Mads,

Thanks for your reply.

So, it means when somebody has downloaded the BlogEngine.Net , he/she has to merge the changeset themselves in the solution.

Please update me on this .

Thanks.

Vishal Sharma
Sep 9, 2007 at 2:48 PM
Hi Vishal,

If I'm reading you correctly ...

If you download the source from the Source Code tab, here on CodePlex, compiling from that will give you the most up-to-date version of BlogEngine.NET, including any accepted changes. Anything that hasn't been fixed, or hasn't been accepted/uploaded, will obviously not be contained within this download.

So, go to http://www.codeplex.com/blogengine/SourceControl/ListDownloadableCommits.aspx , download the most current changeset (left-most button), and you're set to compile.

~James
Sep 9, 2007 at 6:24 PM
Hi James,

Thanks for your kind reply.

Actually I downloaded the code from the Releases tab and just to make both of us sure, you need to answer one more question please.

Is the download from the releases tabs will always contains the latest changeset?
Means if right now I take another download from the Release tabs then does it will include the changeset 4390 as well or it will always better to download from the SourceCode tab for the latest code.

Thanks
Vishal Sharma
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2007 at 7:39 PM
The code in the release tab does not change. It is the same code as were uploaded at the time of the 1.1 release. You need to get the latest code from the Source Code tab.